Tuesday, February 27, 2007

VORTEXES - REALITY OR FANTASY?


Many years ago, I visited Sedona, Arizona and found it to be one of the most beautiful places in North America. I am no world traveler by any means but I have yet to find a place with such natural aesthetics and an overall "mystical" feeling within the US, Mexico and Canada. In fact, it feels almost like a different planet from my neck of the woods in Northeastern, Ohio. I went back for a second time a few years ago and my feelings were unchanged. I was so compelled to go back that I even started planning my wedding and honeymoon in Sedona.
One cannot go to Sedona and not hear about the vortexes in the area (unless you're on your honeymoon and remain in your private bungalow). I was even told that Native Americans used the area for vision quests as they believed it to be an area filled with so much energy that one should use it for self-discovery but should never live there full-time. In listening to people in Sedona about the vortexes it sounded a lot like a chapter out of a Carlos Castaneda book - I half expected Don Juan to jump out of some sage brush and teach me to morph into a coyote.

What is a vortex? A vortex, according to Brad Olsen's book entitled Sacred Places Around the World: 108 Destinations, 'Vortexes are subtle earth energy centers located along strong ley lines in various locations around the world.' Vortexes are basically- magnetic energy in motion.

Here is a list of countries around the world purporting possible energy vortexes:
Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala,Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Peru, United States, Venezuela,
Algeria, Egypt, Ethiopia, Mali, Mauritania, Senegal, Tunisia,
Burma, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam,
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Crete, Croatia, Czech Republic,
Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta,
Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom,
Iran, Iraq,
Israel, Palestine, Saudi Arabia,

Syria, Turkey

For a detailed list of locations - go to - Sacred Sites

Vortexes seem to be located in areas in which our ancestors built ceremonial mounds or monuments. I suppose they sensed this energy or is the energy a by-product of past events?
Here is what is says on the website of Sedona Vortex Tours:

A vortex is a place of concentrated energy that people can sense. It is usually a result of positioning: Where two or more energy meridians, called "ley lines," intersect on the earth's grid. Many of the sacred temples and cathedrals around the world are built on these natural earth energy centers. People who were guided to put them there, usually just said that the location 'just felt right'. A “man made” vortex site can be created by setting one’s intention… The earth remembers this intention and some of the people who come at a future time may sense that energy.

So what can a vortex do for you? Apparently, it connects you to your higher consciousness, expanding awareness and creativity and possibly having healing effects.

I know for myself that visiting Sedona was a wonderful experience but so are most vacations - they are usually relaxing and since one is far removed from the routine of everyday life they can feel uplifting. I am compelled to go back to Sedona - but is it because of the vortexes? Are these areas really filled with higher energy levels? I feel exhilarated in New York City - is there a vortex there? If anyone has any real life experience with vortexes and there validity - please let me know.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anonymous said...

I am not going to be original this time, so all I am going to say that your blog rocks, sad that I don't have suck a writing skills

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to getting more information about this topic, don't worry about negative opinions.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your articles?
I mean, what you say is valuable and everything.
Nevertheless imagine if you added some great visuals or video clips to give your
posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with pics and clips, this website could undeniably be one of
the very best in its field. Superb blog!


Also visit my web blog :: buy pinterest followers cheap

Anonymous said...

At$50-$a hundred OBD-II scanners are surely very well truly worth possessing.
This clearly suggests that relationship speeds are insufficient with this protocol.



my blog :: http://desertstormradio.com/profiles/blogs/touchscan-obd2-scan-instrument-computer