Friday, February 23, 2007

Nine Year Anniversary!


Congratulations to me for managing to stay in a relationship for 9 years. Congratulations to my wife for putting up with me for 9 years! She deserves an award or medal of courage and perseverance. According to national statistics, we beat the median of almost 8 years of marriage before ending in divorce! Congratulations to all those other couples out there that have found their "soul mate."
My wife has many reasons to leave me but I can't think of any basis for leaving her - good for me! We know how to fight - which rarely happens but when it does we debate our issues politely and resolve them. Rarely do we bring up past issues.

Here is a cautionary list of the 10 mistakes I have made:

1. During our dating days when I lived in a dorm, I constructed my bed out of two beds and it wasn't extremely sturdy - I stated "You can sit on my bed, you shouldn't break it" - Any women could take offense to that.

2. One morning, while we were still in bed and her hair was a mess -I said "How did Robert Smith from The Cure get into this bed!" - ouch

3. While we were in college I moved my friend into her apartment without really clearing it with her. Consequently, I ended up spending more time visiting with my friend at her apartment than spending time with her.

4. One night she planned a romantic night and made me chocolate covered strawberries, bought champagne and decorated the room with stars and candle light and when I arrived home I told her I wanted to watch Blade Runner instead - she fell asleep during the opening credits.

5. One morning she made me breakfast in bed and I continued to sleep until lunch time.

6. I bought a motorcycle. - I thought it was cool - she didn't!

7. I've only cleaned the bathroom a few times in 9 years.

8. I continued to watch a uneventful baseball game while she was standing next to me in sexy lingerie.

9. A couple years ago - I listened exclusively to Frank Zappa for almost 6 months and proceeded to talk with her everyday about the complexity of his music. - I'm still recovering!

10. I drop everything to play golf and once golfed the whole day of Mother's Day while she prepared dinner for her mother and our daughter!

I'm sure my wife could triple this list. What can I say...I have the next nine years to improve!
And to all the ladies out there that put up with guys like me - Cheers to you!

Happy Anniversary to my wife! I wouldn't want to spend it with anyone else.

What's the #1 reason why your significant other should leave you?

No comments: